Monday, July 2, 2012

She's on the Upper Road


Well things are nice and wet this morning after the rain last night. I sat on the patio this morning, with my cup of coffee and enjoyed the peace and quiet of living in the country and praying the weather will continue this way all through the summer. I don’t think I can stand another dry hot summer like last year! If it were not for air conditioning I would have thought we were in hell.

I am having a good time studying the bible these days. I have to have a schedule to do that in order for me to get in a routine. So I am reading Psalm 119 throughout this month. It is the longest Psalm of them all. 176 verses!!! And I have prayed that God would speak to me every day through the verses. And yes, God will speak to anyone through reading the Bible. If they would really seek him wholeheartedly, he will. I will promise you that. I can give testimony after testimony of that!

So yesterday in verse 1, it says, “You’re blessed when you stay on course; walk steadily on the road revealed by God”. Okay, with that verse God said to me, “Take one step at a time, don’t worry what you’re going to do. He will show you as you go.” I wrote that down in my journal.

Well, then this morning before I read Ps. 119:2, I read the devotional in Streams in the Desert. I was shocked. It had the verse, “Wherever you go, your way will be opened up before you step by step” There it was a confirmation of what God was saying yesterday, and it continued on to today!

There was this poem too.

I’m going by the Upper Road
For that still holds the sun
I’m climbing through the night’s pastures
Where the starry rivers run
If you should think to seek me
In my old dark abode
You’ll find this writing on the door
“He’s on the Upper Road” (she's on the Upper Road - hmm with Jesus?)
                            (unknown)

Isn’t that beautiful? Well, you will find Lois on the Upper Road.
That’s all for today, folks. I must read more, This is very interesting

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! I love that...on the upper road. That's where I want to stay.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete