Monday, June 20, 2011

A Wow Weekend!


So, I have to make a decision! What to do? I love to write, you know. And mostly we write so other people can read our stuff. Right? When I had my books published I hoped people would read them. I found out even members of my family haven't read my books. I think even those I gave the books to haven't read them. Those who did, they told me they liked them. Maybe they are just being nice. I don't care. It makes me feel good, you know. And I write my blogs because I love to write and I want people to read them. So my last blog was written 3 days ago and I posted it on Facebook, where I have over 200 friends and I see this morning where only 12 people have read my blog ! So it appears to me, people just aren't interested in what I have to say. So what to do? I guess the things I write are somewhat boring. I think people just read a few short words you put on your status on FB. Like it is on Twitter. Twitter is so annoying.But also I think people are too busy to read long monologues. So maybe what I write is for people who are retired and don't have anything do. YOU THINK?
So what to do? I am still pondering this.
Meanwhile I want to say I had an awesome weekend. We went to a women's conference Friday night, where Nancy James spoke and the worship was so awesome, I love to hear Pastor Bennie play his saxophone! That team is so anointed. And he has a beautiful voice. He used to have his own band/group when he was in the world! They even put out a record in those olden days.
We didn't get home till 10:30 that night.
Saturday morning we went back and heard Nancy James again. I could have listened to her all day! She was very anointed and once she prayed for me and spoke prophetically! Wonderful morning.
Sunday morning Nancy James was there too. And that was the icing on the cake. I have never felt the presence of God like that in our church. I wanted to stay there all day and night. I didn't want to go home. Holy Spirit was so thick I could barely walk, I felt like I was walking through a fog, or cotton, or a cloud or something. We left the church after 1:00 PM because we had reservations at Outback!
We then went to San Antonio where we celebrated Julie's birthday at OUTBACK, (where else?). We had reservations, sort of , but we still had to wait about 45 minutes. There were 10 of us. Julie was in 7th Heaven! She loves their coconut shrimp. WE had such a good time there with family and friends. We didn't get home until 5:00 PM.
So, the joy of the Lord is my strength, and I was so joyful yesterday, it reminded me of how I used to feel back in the late 90's, when Eddie and I went to Toronto, Canada. And when Wanda and I went to Pensecola, Florida, and we went to Dallas, Texas, and Lewisville, Texas, where there was a great move of God happening, and those last two, my kids and grandkids went with us. We were in the presence of God there too! Those times experiencing the Lord's presence helped me with the trials and heartaches our family was going through then. When you know you are in the presence of Holy Spirit, you don't care about anything else but God. It is such a peaceful , joyful feeling, I really can't describe it.
People kept coming over to me, yesterday, saying "I want some of what you have". Because they saw how drunk I was. I kept saying, "Well, you have to jump in the River!"
All I can say is what I did. Let all your inhibitions go, and get in the river and don't worry about what people are going to say or think!
When it is just you and God, that is all that matters. It think that is what heaven feels like.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lois,
    I loved your books, and I love your writing (I WISH I had your gift), and like Julie, I LOVE coconut shrimp!
    Oh, and I love you too!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete