Monday, September 9, 2013

Let my house be a haven of rest






It's Monday morning in Floresville. I sure hope this week is a good one. I just can't stand to watch the national news, or read the paper these days because there is so much bad news, tragic news, or worrisome news, and when it is like that, it fills my mind with negative things. I pray "Lord what is going to happen to us", "What is going to happen to the world?" Maybe it is the end times...doesn't it say in the Bible, "there will be wars and rumors of wars, but the end is not yet in sight"?

I hope and pray it is so. Then I turned to my Psalm for the day, Psalm 9 and I read this - so I asked "God is this what you are saying this morning? This is what jumped out at me!

 

Psalm 9:15-19


         
The nations have sunk down in the pit which they made
In the net which they hid, their own foot is caught.  
The Lord is known by  the judgment He executes;
The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.
 The wicked shall be turned into hell,
And all the nations that forget God.  
For the needy shall not always be forgotten;
The expectation of the poor shall not perish forever.
 Arise, O Lord,
Do not let man prevail;
Let the nations be judged in Your sight.

The Lord is a comfort to me, in the time of trouble. So let my house be a haven of rest.I will praise the Lord with all of my heart, I will tell of all of His wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment