Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Looking back

This morning I was reading some of my old prayer journals. I like to do that periodically because when I read them, I always see how God has answered my prayers. Or how God will tell me something in a dream, and it has come to pass. In 2004 through 2006 there are many journals, I kept, telling dreams, which I interpreted then, and Lo and behold it happened just as I interpreted then!

In 2004 I was very depressed and the Lord told me to write down things that I was thankful for. So I began a list, and through the next days and weeks, I added to the list every day, things I was grateful for. The list grew and grew when finally I had over 150 things for which I was thankful. It helped lift the depression.

On April 12, 2006, I wrote down a conversation Eddie and I had. Just now reading, it brought a smile to my face!

Eddie, coming into my office: “There you are! What are you doing?”

“Talking to the Lord” (I was writing my prayer in the journal)

“I knew that! I could hear and I knew that was Him talking!”

“Really?”

“He was looking for me, and He found me, and He found you too!”

God talked to me through Eddie many times!

June 9, 2006 – I wrote a poem that day

How Can It Be?

I really am happy

How can it be?

A husband with Alzheimer’s

Yet I am content

How can it be?

Because of God!

He turns things

Into good

Only believe!

Only trust!

How can it be?

That I should see

The good things

That looks so bad?

Because God’s light

Shines in darkness

And makes all

Things bright

When I should be

So sad

Thank you Lord

For showing me

The light

This day is a good day because He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

It helps to stay on the sunny side of life. And hang around people who are optimistic and happy because there are people that depress you just by hanging out with them. That is, if you can help it, sometimes there are negative people that you have to work with, or in your family, and you can’t avoid them, but find time to draw away and let the negative vibes slide off of you! I pray for the armor of God to cover me daily. Like a shield!

June 24, 2006

A page in my prayer journal

I am sitting her listening to a CD and a song called “Glory Gold”. I feel God’s glory in this room.

Eddie just walked in, and said ‘I feel like I am on fire! God is coming! He’s going to help us. You know why? Cause we are under His hand!”

Then we both sat there with our hands raised up and Eddie said,

“The people are going home. We’re on our way home!”

Oh Lord!

Then I wrote “What I feel is …the world…it’s good!”

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment